Listening to: Go Go [BTS]
Silly human expectations – “Rewards with no effort.” A list.
- Want money with no work. (LOTTERY YO!)
- Want to be/look healthy without the effort of a healthy lifestyle. (There are pills for that son…or surgery…)
- Want to be understood without the effort of trying to understand others or communicate clearly. (It’s not my fault everyone else sucks, G)
- Want second chances; reluctant to give second chances. (But I deserve the benefit of the doubt, bruv)
- I want to have all the fun tonight, without worrying about the effect on tomorrow. (I’m still young, fam)
- We thought it was love at first sight, until we dropped them at first inconvenience. (Too much work, bo-bo)
- Want physical intimacy with no strings attached. (Too much work, bredrin)
- Want to be great at something with no practice. (Too much work, cuz)
*sigh* Read More
Listening to: Happy [Natasha Bedingfield]
I turned 28 last week Friday. I had two options; start to whine about being two years away from 30 and still not quite being where I thought I’d be, OR marvel at the fact that I’m still alive; after everything last year (and this year), I’m still here with my family and I’d finally done and experienced things this year for the first time (some of which the typical person probably did in their teens or at least early 20s).
I opted for the latter. Read More
Listening to: I Will Rest in You [Jaci Velasquez]
The only way to understand how truly beautiful peace and rest are, is to go through turmoil. Read More
Listening to: Dare You to Move [Switchfoot]
Within the space of 3 days, I’ve watched 2 movies, one older and one recent, both with the premise of someone who was locked away in their home, thinking that they were ill and unable to live any other way; until some bold new stranger manages to fight their way into their lives, allowing the main character to realise that it was all a lie, they are perfectly fine, and they are able to step outside of the house they were locked in all their life…and start living. Read More
Listening to: Everyday People [Sly & The Family Stone]
- The delicate, sensitive, glass-skinned, paper hearted princes and princesses.
- The apathetic, who don’t care if they live or die…much less you.
- The logical ice-kinfolk, who will step over your crying, broken down body if it doesn’t make sense to them why you’re in that state.
- The hyper-irritable brats, who have no problem dishing out the attitudes but CANNOT deal with it when it’s tossed their way, because lol, they’re all that matters.
- The cloud-kinfolk, in their own world, and unable to relate to yours.
- The ticking time bombs, who are nice to all of the above because it’s the right thing to do, but inside…there’s a deep rumbling – heavy as the thunder that is currently rolling outside where I am…and it can rain torrents at any given time if the good Lord Himself doesn’t help them keep it together.
- Other/Everyone else who is somewhere in between or a combination of two, more or all of these, in different contexts.
Listening to: Breakdown [Epik High]
LOL! What a way to start a post huh? But that’s exactly what I feel right now, annoyance, and it’s a bit more prolonged than I like. In fact to be more accurate, it’s annoyance with flickers of anger; but get this! It’s for a stupid reason. Read More
Listening to: Gravity [Shawn McDonald]
Annnnd the late night posts return!
Saturday night, I was ironing a bunch of clothes for my family, and the parents were out shopping- it was just my brother and me at home and for me that usually means…LOUD MUSIC! BREAK FROM HEADPHONES! FREEDOM TO SING OUT LOUD! Besides, I needed that opportunity because it was a trying day; I found myself clutching at ways to feel better and singing along to my old college playlist did the trick, which included everything from anime soundtracks, to 90s/early 00s CCM of course.
This one tune came on and I had to stop my mindless, melodious attempts at catharsis and become mindful of the lyrics…this tune, was Gravity by Shawn McDonald.
Now, there are a lot of songs titled “Gravity” that I like; Christafari’s Gravity (bassline for DAYS), Detrick Haddon’s Gravity, John Mayer’s Gravity (JOHN MAYER’S GRAVITY!!!!!!!), and Sara Bareilles’ Gravity….just for starters LOL! But as it currently stands, the Gravity that I relate the most with, is Shawn McDonald’s. Read More
Listening to: Hard Love [NEEDTOBREATHE feat. Lauren Daigle (The Shack’s version)]
Existing and imaginary fanbase/readers, hello! Been a minute since I posted something and I am DETERMINED not to let this blog die due to laziness and/or my life not being intriguing enough to blog about.
So, in no way has this year been as ridiculously stressful as last year, thank God. I actually don’t know whether that is due to growing in faith from last year, or circumstances being a bit easier, but whatever it is, it’s been a significantly more decent year thus far. As far as I was concerned, things were settled a bit more and while nothing spectacular was going on, I was taking steps towards an actual future…underdeveloped baby steps, but steps nonetheless. I was so thankful for the direction things seemed to have been heading in this, the early part of the year— Read More
Listening to: Don’t Let it Go to Your Head [Fefe Dobson]
First of all, Happy New Year >_> LOL! First blog post of 2017 so I gotta get formalities out the way. Second of all, I’ve had this blog for about a year…I didn’t flesh it out as much as I probably could have but y’know…there were POSTS! I consider that an accomplishment. Third, this is the first post in the daylight hours I think!
And now for the obvious fact – tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. LOL Do we remember last year’s post? I can tell you my thoughts haven’t really changed (what, did you think I went all soft because I got a bf now? HAHAHAHAH!) Nah, lots of folk still have no clue what love is and mostly what I see are desperate attempts to either rid love of its value OR clutch after a cheap form of love for cycles of temporary satisfaction.
ANYWAY…I’ma share something different this year- my own slow journey to embracing
mush the concept of showing (and receiving) affection. Read More